Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autohelm ST6000+ Display problem
01-24-20, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-20 02:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Autohelm ST6000+ Display problem
When activating my Autopilot, my display unit has all the LCD elements displaying as 'on' (see attached picture). That said, it intermittently displays OK for the odd second or two, especially if I waggle the Seatalk connector from behind. Do you think there is a connection problem in the unit itself?

I'm the new owner of this boat and I haven't trialed the Autopilot so I don't know if it works properly yet (the previous owner said it did), that said, when I switch the unit to 'Auto' and press one of the -ve or +ve buttons, the helm is turned so that's a good start. Obviously I need a working control display to use it properly.

Any help is gratefully received!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-20, 03:10 PM
RE: [CA11] Autohelm ST6000+ Display problem
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum wotdoino,

Unfortunately, the symptom shown within the photograph is that of a failed LCD within the autopilot's control head. Unfortunately, Raymarine can not longer service ST6xxx/ST7xxx/ST8xxx autopilot control heads. Depending upon the model of autpilot course computer which is installed onboard, it may be possible to replace the ST6000+ autopilot control head with an p70S or p70R autopilot control head. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply