Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Help with system integration on my sailboat
01-28-20, 09:50 AM
RE: [CA11] Help with system integration on my sailboat
Trevor,

Regarding the ST50+ Tridata instrument, SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will need to be installed as a backbone component within the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which has been installed to interface the Evolution autopilot components to one another. The ST50+ Tridata instrument will be interfaced to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block, which in turn will be interfaced to the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit.

The i60 Wind instrument shown within your photo of the helm should be interface to one of the spur (white) white sockets of the backbone.

Regarding how to interface the Evolution autopilot to a chartplotting system featuring a NMEA 0183 communications interface, a NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO, etc.) will need to be interfaced to a spur (white) socket within the backbone. The NMEA 0183 output leads of the NMEA 0183 chartplotting product (consult the chartplotting product's owner's manual) will then be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 input leads / terminals of the NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Help with system integration on my sailboat - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-28-20 09:50 AM