Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Using Element 7S to update system components
02-06-20, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-20 02:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Using Element 7S to update system components
Hi Chuck,
I proceeded as you suggested and built a system on the bench before installing in my boat. (Picture of the system attached.) It appears to be connected properly and everything connected can be seen by the Element 7s. (Screenshot of "Networked devices" shown on Element display attached.)
I downloaded the latest Element s/w that contains updates for all networked equipment onto my computer and then moved it to the root directory of a 16Gb FAT32 Ultra High Speed microSD card. (Screenshot from my laptop showing the downloaded files and the format of the microSD card attached.)
However, when I insert the microSD into the Element 7S, I don't receive a prompt "Software update found. Install the update now?" as expected and as shown in section 4.5 of the Lighthouse Sport V3.10 manual.
I wiped the microSD card clean and repeated the process with the same result. I don't know how to get the updates onto the networked components. You may recall from my earlier post that I have already updated the Element 7s to the latest Lighthouse Sport 3.10.10 s/w.
The Element is sensing the presence of the card. I can tell because the Import, Export and Eject SD Card buttons are active when selected under Settings. They are greyed out when the card is ejected.
Can you recommend how I should proceed to update the software of my connected devices via the Element 7s?

Thanks Chuck.

Dave

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.pdf  Software downloaded to microSD Card.pdf (Size: 255.58 KB / Downloads: 334)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Using Element 7S to update system components - spencerdd - 02-06-20 11:44 AM