Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Transducer compatibility for i40
01-27-20, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-20 12:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Transducer compatibility for i40
Hi,
My steel riverboat came with a transducer but no reader unit . I have purchased an i40 depth unit and the existing throughhull transducer references P7 in its ID ( The full ID 31-374-1-01 does not return an exact match on the database ) so it should be compatible ? The problem is the connectors which are only a 2 pin as opposed to the receiver unit 3 spade type connectors. Would anyone know if I can still wire up the old transducer to suit the new reader unit ? ( and what is the likely hood of it working ?
Photos of existing transducer included.
Thanks - Martyn

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-20, 08:39 PM
RE: [TG11] Transducer compatibility for i40
Hello Martyn,

If your transducer doesn't have an OEM/manufacturer part number on it, and you don't know what it was previously connected to, and Airmar's cross-reference doesn't list it (and, from the label, it was apparently built around 18 years ago) then I'm sorry to say that we can't be sure what's inside that transducer and what it's compatible with and it would be best to replace it rather than risk damaging your new display by connecting an incompatible transducer.

See, for example, the following FAQ on Airmar's website: Are all Airmar transducers built the same except with different connectors for Furuno, Garmin, Lowrance, Raymarine, Simrad and others?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply