Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom vs Axiom Pro speed?
01-29-20, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-20 09:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom vs Axiom Pro speed?
I was just at West Marine playing with a demo of the regular Axiom. It seemed to have a fairly long delay between when you touched the screen and when it responded. They did not have a demo of the Pro version so I couldn't compare, but when I played with a similar third party products they seemed much more responsive. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

1. Is this delay normal?
2. Can it be tuned out?
3. Does the Pro have a faster response?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-20, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-20 09:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom vs Axiom Pro speed?
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Grady330,

LightHouse 3 software features several Demo Profiles (General, Sailing, Cruising, Saltwater Fishing, etc.) which may be demonstrated on any Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD which is operating with the latest available product software update. We generally don't receive complaints of slow response times within the Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD product line have no comparison data with respect competing products. Of the the Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs, the Axiom MFDs feature the least amount of internal memory may exhibit slightly slower responses to commands when compared to Axiom Pro and Axiom XL MFDs. Under normal operation when viewing and interacting within one of the MFDs applications there is very little latency. The greatest latency is typically associated with waiting for an application page to open/populate when a new page has been commanded to be opened from the Home screen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply