Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ST60 Wind + Tridata connected to ITC-5
02-02-20, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-20 01:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ST60 Wind + Tridata connected to ITC-5
Hello,

currently I have the ST60 Wind + Tridata instruments and a eS78 MFD.
The instruments are connected via Seatalk and communicate with the eS78 via a Seatalk - SeatalkNG adaptor. Wind speed, depth, boat speed .. are available on the MFD and things work fine.

To get some redundancy and have the sensor data still on the plotter if one of the old instruments fail, I am thinking of adding a ITC-5 converter and feed the sensor data to the SeatalkNG-Network.

Will the old instruments work correctly in this setup? Could i calibrate the old instruments (speed, wind angle ..) in this setup? Which data will be displayed on the plotter?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Ralf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-20, 01:52 PM
RE: [CA11] ST60 Wind + Tridata connected to ITC-5
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ralph,

Instrument transducers which have been interfaced to an iTC-5 may only be calibrated by an i70S/i70 MFID, Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD (updated w/LH3 v3.11.42 or later software), or a ST70 MFID (legacy product; must be updated with latest software). As such, unless one of these devices is added to the system, then it will not be possible to calibrate any instrument transducers which have been interfaced to the iTC-5.
02-07-20, 01:23 AM
Thank you for clarification.

Kind regards,
Ralf
02-07-20, 08:37 AM
You're welcome.