Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] AXIOM 9 - Power Menu Malfunction
02-03-20, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-20 10:42 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] AXIOM 9 - Power Menu Malfunction
Dear Raymarine-Team,

I have the following issue with my new AXIOM 9 (AXIOM 9 RV - 9" MFD REALVISION 3D + 600W) Serial-No.: 190256.

When using the AXIOM 9 in colder conditions (between 0°C-10°C or 32°F-50°F) during the first hour of use, the power menu pops up randomly without having touched the screen whatsoever. Randomly means, that the pop-up of the power menu occurs every two to twenty seconds without any pattern. As the power menu - the menu that pops up when one pushes the power button - uses half of the screen, I have to close the menu by touching the “X” in order to use the screen properly. After approximately one hour of use, this malfunction disappears.

I cleaned the screen completely – no cure. Also, shutting down and rebooting the device makes no cure.

My impression is, that this malfunction must be due to a temperature sensor of the touch-screen!?! Any help is highly recommended.

Thanks

Martin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-20, 05:09 AM
Heart RE: [LW11] AXIOM 9 - Power Menu Malfunction
Dear martinrahmel,

Thank you for your post.

What software revision is the Axiom on?

Is the unit grounded?

What is the supply voltage to the back of the unit?

Is the screen exposed to any contact like rain when this happens?

What location are you sailing in?

Many Thanks
Louise
04-14-20, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-20 01:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [LW11] AXIOM 9 - Power Menu Malfunction
Dear Louise,

thanks for your reply and please appologize my late response! Here are my anywers:

What software revision is the Axiom on?
--> I will have a look once I am back on the boat. Last update was in September 2019.

Is the unit grounded?
--> Yes.

What is the supply voltage to the back of the unit?
--> 12 volt battery

Is the screen exposed to any contact like rain when this happens?
--> the malfunction happens with & without rain, with sun & cloud wheather. Temperatures seem to have an influence with lower temps favouring the failure.

What location are you sailing in?
--> Germany, freshwater
04-17-20, 04:24 AM
Dear martinrahmel,

Thank you for your post.

I advise sending your unit in for investigation, this can be booked via our website here.

The unit should not be affected in this temperature.

Many Thanks
Louise
04-19-20, 02:55 PM
Dear Louise,

I was on my boat yesterday and now I can provide the software version, which 3.10.42 according to the picture I have attached. By the way, yesterday with warm temperatures of 15-22°C the malfunction did not occurr at all...

Regarding your recommendation of sending in my AXIOM I have 4 questions:

1. Dealer vs. private
Shal my dealer I have bought it from < 12 months ago send in the unit or shal I do this privately?

2. Address
Could you provide me with the address where I shall send it to?

3. Duration
What will be the duration of the inspection of my unit approximately?

4. Spare Unit
Is there a chance of getting a spare unit for the duration of the inspection? It is beginning of the fishing season and I do not want to go out on the water without an AXIOM.

Thanks in advance + kind regards from Berlin

Martin
04-21-20, 10:13 AM
Dear martinrahmel,

Thank you for your post.

Can you contact support.de@raymarine.com for them to assist you, they are the German Raymarine support team and will be able to answer your questions for investigation.

Many Thanks
Louise
04-22-20, 06:26 AM
Dear Louise,

I have contacted the German Support Team using the following E-Mail, which may facilitate user with similar problems in th future, which is why I post it here:
Sehr geeehrtes Raymarine Team,

Sie erhalten diese E-Mail, nachdem mir die Administratorin "Louise" aus dem Raymarine Forum empfohlen hat, Sie bzgl. der Fehlfunktion meines AXIOM-MFD (AXIOM 9 RV - 9" MFD REALVISION 3D + 600W | Serial-No.: 190256) zu kontaktieren.

Ich fasse hiernochmals kurz die Fehlfunktion zusammen, wobei Sie deine genaue Beschreibung sowie die Konversation mit Ihrer Kollegin "Louise" in folgemden Thread (es sind nur 6 Posts) lesen können:
https://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.p...5#pid40075

Während der ersten Betriebsstunde mit der AXIOM 9 Einheit kommt es unter kalten Außentemperaturen (zwischen 0°C-10°C) zu dem Fehler in der Art, als dass das Power-Menu ohne Berührung des Screen angezeigt wird. Dies geschieht vollkommen zufällig ohne Muster. Das bedeutet, dass das Pop-up Fenster des Power-Menus alle zwei bis zwanzig Sekunden ohne jegliches Muster erscheint. Da das Power-Menu - das normaler Weise erst beim Drücken des Power-Knopfes erscheint - den halben Bildschirm beansprucht, muss ich das Menu durch Berühren des kleinen "X" schließen, um den Bildschirm wieder richtig nutzen zu können. Säubern des Screen, Aus & Anschalten des Geräts bringen keine Linderung des Problems. Erst nach etwa einer Stunde der Nutzung verschwindet diese Fehlfunktion wieder.

Die Software Verion ist 3.10.42 (Siehe Anhang). Letzte Aktualisierung war im September 2019.

"Louise" hat empfohlen, das Gerät zur Überprüfung einzuschicken. Hierbei stellen sich folgende Fragen für mich:
1. Händler vs. Privat
Soll mein Händler, bei dem ich das AXIOM vor < 12 Monaten gekauft habe, das Gerät einschicken oder schicke ich es privat selbst ein?

2. Adresse
Könnten Sie mir die Adresse nennen, an die ich es schicken soll?

3. Dauer
Wie lange wird die Inspektion meiner Einheit ungefähr dauern?

4. Ersatz-Einheit
Besteht die Möglichkeit, eine Ersatzeinheit für die Dauer der Inspektion zu bekommen? Es ist Beginn der Angelsaison, und ich möchte nicht ohne eine AXIOM aufs Wasser gehen. Was können Sie mir anbieten?

Herzlichen Dank im Voraus + freundliche Grüße

Martin Rahmel
04-23-20, 03:48 AM
Dear Martirahmel,

Thank you for your post.

I have sent you a private email also explaining the most suited iotions during the COVID climate.

Many Thanks
Louise
04-23-20, 04:03 AM
Dear Louise,
dear all,

this is the very precise answer about the potential route cause for the malfunction of my AXIOM I received from the German Support, please use https://www.deepl.com/translator for translation:

hinter dem Ein- und Ausschalter ihres AXIOM verbirgt sich ein eigener Prozessor. Dieser regiert sehr empfindlich auf eine „unsaubere“ 12V Spannungszufuhr. Wenn Sie also z.B. ein „einfacheres“ Netzteil verwenden, kann dies mitunter keine saubere 12V Spannung produzieren; es produziert Spannungsspitzen, die den Prozessor beeinträchtigen.

Auch können Verbraucher wie z.B. nicht entstörte LEDs, die die gleiche Spannungsversorgung haben, eine Art „Riffel“ auf die Spannung legen. Auch dies kann genau dieses Fehlerbild erzeugen.

Versuchen Sie doch mal das Gerät an Bord ohne weitere Verbraucher zu betreiben (z.B. Innenraumbeleuchtung, Dashboardbeleuchtung, usw. alles ausgeschaltet) und schalten dann nach und nach alle Verbraucher wieder dazu. Vielleicht können Sie beobachten, welcher Verbraucher dieses Fehlerbild erzeugt. Wie gesagt, oft sind es LEDs , die solche Probleme erzeugen.

Sie können das Gerät auch mal, als einziges, direkt an eine 12V Batterie anschließen. Besteht der Fehler dann immer noch?

Wenn das alles nichts bringt, ist natürlich ein Hardware Defekt nicht mehr auszuschließen. In diesem Fall muss das Gerät in die Raymarine Werkstatt nach England geschickt werden.

Dazu wenden Sie sich am einfachsten an Ihren Raymarine Fachhändler, und dieser kümmert sich um alles weitere. Ihr Gerät befindet sich augenscheinlich noch in der Garantie, bitte haben Sie trotzdem Ihren Kaufbeleg zur Hand.

Eine Überprüfung in der Werkstatt dauert ca. 15 Werktage ab Eingang, allerdings ist dies natürlich von dem Ansturm abhängig, der dort eventuell vorherrscht. Darüber kann ich Ihnen leider keine Auskunft geben, da ich es nicht weiß.
04-23-20, 09:09 AM
Thank you for the update.
Stay Safe
Louise