Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S turning
06-06-16, 12:47 PM
S turning
I have installed a new EV-1, ACU-400 and p70R.
When I go into auto, it holds a good course for about 20 seconds and then starts S turns up to 12 degrees port and starboard. I have not installed the B60 transducer yet as the boat will be hauled next week.
Would that cause the problem.
I have downloaded v 17 software.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-16, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-16 02:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: S turning
olegreg,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing addressing how to determine what version of software is installed within each Raymarine product within your vessel's system. What versions of software are installed within each of the following autopilot components:
- EV-1 Sensor Core
- ACU-400
- p70R
- your MFD(s)

Examine your autopilot's Diagnostics (MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT PILOT) to determine its maximum detected deviation (Deviation). If -.-, then the autopilot has not been able to determine deviation and should be taken for a cruise. To view more on this subject, click here. If greater than 9.9 degrees, then the EV-1 Sensor Core has been installed too close to an object(s) producing a strong magnetic field.

Examine your autopilot's Response Level (MENU->RESPONSE LEVEL) and re-test the autopilot with it configured to Performance

If the MFD is configured to display the Speed (not SOG) data item, is it populated (i.e. not -.-). If so, is the paddle wheel speed through water transducer free of marine growth, able to rotate freely, properly calibrated, and a reporting a value for the Speed data item which is approximately equal to the SOG data item?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply