Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] autopilot pump upgrade.
02-05-20, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-20 01:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] autopilot pump upgrade.
Hi. Repowered my boat from twin 200 hp evinrudes to a single 300 hp Evinrude 300 G2. I have a Raymarine s1000 autopilot installed on the boat which worked great with the twin outboard setup. With the new motor installed the autopilot pump is running but not turning the motor. My question is can I replace the type 1A pump 12 vdc 800 cc/min serial no. p 007 019 with the next higher Raymarine type 1 pump. The course computor is interfaced with a Raymarine C 70 GPS . Thanks . Drew Ryan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-20, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-20 02:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] autopilot pump upgrade.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Drew,

Unfortunately, the S1000's course computer is exclusively designed for use with the Type 0.5 Pump which had been packaged with S1000 autopilot. Moving to a hydraulic autopilot pump having greater capacity will require that the autopilot be changed. While it is quite possible that a Type 1 Hydraulic Pump may be proper for the new outboard's steering system, the required model of hydraulic pump will ultimately be determined by the outboard steering ram's cubic capacity. If supplied with this information, then the appropriate autopilot hydraulic pump and corresponding Evolution Autopilot System Pack may be specified.

A search of the Internet yielded the following, but it is recommended that this be verified with Evinrude's support team: G2 is 8.9 cu in displacement. If so, then a Type 1 Hydraulic Pump would indeed be recommended. The T70330 EV-150 Hydraulic Autopilot System Pack includes the pump, Evolution Autopilot Components, and networking component required to interface the Evolution Autopilot Components to one another. An E22158 SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit may be used to interface the C80 MFD to the backbone used to interface the Evolution autopilot components to one another.
02-05-20, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-20 08:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. Would the hydraulic fittings be the same for the new pump and electrical connections basically be the same. Would like to keep components in the same location . Trying to keep re wiring and installation to a minimum if possible.Thanks for your quick response. Drew
02-06-20, 08:37 AM
Drew,

Q1. Would the hydraulic fittings be the same for the new pump?
A1. Yes

Q2. electrical connections basically be the same
A2. Power and pump motor electrical wiring should be able to be re-used. I suggest reviewing the Evolution EV-1 and ACU Installation Instructions for more detailed information on this subject.
02-06-20, 04:54 PM
Thanks Chuck. Very helpful. Hopefully a easy installation in the next few weeks. Drew Ryan
02-06-20, 05:24 PM
You're welcome.