Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E7d not seeing other devices
02-06-20, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-20 03:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] E7d not seeing other devices
I have a C97 mfd at my helm that is seeing all of my devices. My e7d that I have at my nav station is not seeing anything except itself.
What am I missing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-20, 03:54 PM
RE: [CA11] E7d not seeing other devices
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ray,

To properly interface an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD to another a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, the MFDs will be interfaced to one another or to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. When so interfaced, data and resources will be shared by the MFD, however, only the system's Data Master MFD (typically the only MFD which is interfaced to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone) will list other devices which have been interfaced to the backbone. However, any properly interfaced MFD within the system will list the other compatible devices within the system which have an Ethernet communications interface (ex. other MFDs, radar transducer, fishfinder sounder modules, etc.).

Verify that:

- verify that the MFDs are each operating with the latest available Raymarine product software update

- the system's HS5 RayNet Network Switch (if any is powered ON and that its port LEDs are correctly reporting that they sense that a networked device has been connected to its ports.

- verify that the Ethernet communications cable(s) connected to each MFD have not been modified or damaged. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the cable's may be tested.

- Should no fault be found with the Ethernet cable(s), then please list each of the marine electronics products within the system in order that we may provide further fault isolation information.
02-07-20, 02:01 PM
I’m still having problems with the E7d. I hooked up the Raystar 130 directly to the mfd and nothing.
02-07-20, 02:57 PM
Ray,

SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 devices are not designed to be plugged directly into one another. They are designed to be interfaced to spur sockets within a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should this be how you interfaced the Raystar 130 GPS Sensor to the MFD, and should the MFD not having anything connected to its Ethernet (RayNet) socket, then it would appear that the e7D may have suffered a failure within its communications circuitry necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.