Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV-1 will not update Software
02-09-20, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-20 12:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] EV-1 will not update Software
I have successfully updated all software except the EV-1 sensor. I believe this is the cause of getting a 'no drive detected' message when engaging the autopilot.

Pictures attached of the system diagnostics and software:

e95 software version: v19.03
P70s software version: 3.09
ACU200 software version: 2.23
EV-1 software version: 3.01 (looks like current version should be 3.02 which has improvements to address the no drive detected issues).

I suspect I need to get the EV-1 updated to 3.02 but when trying to update from the SD card (or over WIFI) the system says no updates found/needed/required (something like that). I believe the EV-1 upgrade is this file: ray_Pilots-Web.upgrade.iso (note the fulxgate compass is showing a green steady LED light so I believe it is functioning correctly).

I've attempted to take steps as discussed in other threads:

1)Disconnected ACU200 and P70s entirely from the network
2)Added a separate 12V power source to power the network
3) Rebooted and attempted to just update the MDF/EV1 software (both via the SD card and the WIFI - system says no updates needed.
4) Also tried updating software with MDF/EV1 and P70s attached to network - same situation.

I've reviewed this forum and believe I've done all the steps/options - short of sending the EV1 for services are there any other suggestions (also I have the option of attending the Miami Boat show next weekend - would device service people there that could look at the device? I assume all I'd need to bring in is the EV-1 compass? ). Thanks Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-20, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-20 01:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] EV-1 will not update Software
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jim,

The No Drive Detected problem addressed by the v3.02 EV-1/EV-2 CCU software update is unrelated to the reported issue. The software correction was intended to address this symptom occurring in conjunction with vessels featuring drive by wire steering systems rather than those featuring a conventional autopilot drive unit. Should the correct type of ACU have been installed for the type of autopilot drive unit which has been interfaced to the ACU, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the drive unit may be tested. Should no fault be found with the drive unit, then it would be recommended that the ACU be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

The focus of boat shows is to assist prospective Raymarine customers in gaining some knowledge and first hand experience with Raymarine products. A limited degree of basic Q & A product support may also be available at the shows. The primary mechanisms to seek support for a product should from

- one's Authorized Raymarine Dealer

- one's Certified Raymarine Installer

- Raymarine Product Support Phone (800.539.5539)

- Raymarine Forum

Finally, in examining the contents of the root level directory of the microSD, please note that the LightHouse II v19.03 download is no longer being maintained with regard to accessory software updates. Accordingly, those seeking to update the software of peripherals following the full LHII v19.03 software update would be advised to download peripheral software updates from their respective software update web pages EV-1/EV-2 Software Update web page, etc.).
02-15-20, 04:10 PM
Thanks Chuck - good information on the v3.02 EV-1/EV-2 CCU software update only being relevant to drive by wire.

The drive unit test passed with flying colors consequently I'll send the ACU in for evaluation.

Thanks again - Jim
02-18-20, 09:46 AM
You're welcome.