Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] E26030 depth and E26031 speed/temp: swappable?
02-10-20, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-20 02:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] E26030 depth and E26031 speed/temp: swappable?
I've got a E26031 speed+temp thru hull on my boat, connected to a ST60 tridata.
But I don't need STW, so I was thinking to install a depth transducer in its place.
I already have another depth transducer actually, but I'd rather have a depth backup than STW data, which is useless in my non-tidal waters - not to mention that the wheel gets stuck easily.

Now, while looking for what is available, I came across the E26030 depth transducer, which made me wonder: is the internal component of these two transducers swappable?
Judging from the photos alone, they look very similar.

The reason why I am asking is that if I could just buy an E26030 and fit the actual internal transducer in the existing plastic housing of the E26031 (which is still in very good conditions), that would save me the hassle of removing and re-installing the housing from the hull!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-20, 10:09 AM
RE: [DG11] E26030 depth and E26031 speed/temp: swappable?
Hi Mapism,
Thank you for your enquiry,

The external diameter of the housing is the same size, however, the internal fittings are slightly different, the Speed fitting has a different shaped shut off valve than the Depth and so the internal elements cannot be swapped over. I am afraid you will need to replace the hull fittings.
Regards

Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply