Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] autopilot affecting MFD
02-10-20, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-20 09:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] autopilot affecting MFD
Morning all, i have a p70r autopilot display which ive come to learn affects my eS128 MFD when i turn it on or if i engage autopilot. i dont use it a lot so its taken me ages to diagnose the problem but i finally linked it to the autopilot display. when i engage autopilot i lose the contours and mapping on the MFD(and or i lose depth on sonar). the second i disengage auto its back to normal. Has anyone had similar or as usual do i have that one weird problem that makes no sense ?!?!

thanks in advance

Guy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-20, 11:53 PM
RE: [TG11] autopilot affecting MFD
Hello Guy,

That is indeed a very unusual problem. I've not come across anything quite like it.

Do you lose all chart detail on the eS, as if the chart card has been completely removed?
What shows on the sonar image when you lose the depth data?
Do you think you might be able to do a split-screen chart and sonar page and then video exactly what happens and post that video back here?

The only link that I can see at this moment is supply voltage: when the pilot's engaged it obviously draws more current, which will inevitably pull down the electronics supply voltage. In electronic systems you can get a range of unpredictable problems when the system is power-starved, and I can certainly see that the sounder might be one of the parts of the system affected first as it consumes a reasonable amount of current itself. I'm not saying that your battery voltage is low, but rather that you *may* have a voltage dip at the common connection point of the eS and pilot (distribution panel?).

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
02-20-20, 01:44 AM
Hi Tom,
i sure will take a quick video or two. in charting i lose the depth colours/contours. it becomes a white screen which only shows the boat and the breadcrumb trail

with the sonar screens it looks like its lost bottom, or more so the echo does'nt return.
again best i take a vid or two as its been a couple of weeks and i dont want to mix up the story with incorrect info.

its weird for sure, its not always so maybe battery voltage could play into it.

ill be back wit video soon i hope
02-24-20, 11:07 PM
Ok, I'll look forward to seeing the video.

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.