Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 12 compatibility
02-14-20, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-20 02:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 12 compatibility
I have purchased a new to me vessel last year, the vessel came equipped with a C120W, SR100 Sirius Weather System, Digital Radome Scanner, Rear Camera, Raypilot 650 and a 100 Course Computer all running through a SeaTalk hs
I have purchased a new Axiom 2 RV and I am wondering which of the existing equipment is compatible with the new Axiom unit and or what adapters may be necessary for the install.
Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-20, 03:16 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 12 compatibility
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum WildChild,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. For clarification purposes, only the C120W, SR100, and Digital Radome Scanner within your system would be interfaced via SeaTalkhs. The camera would be interfaced to the analog video input socket (BNC connector) of the MFD's Power/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183/Video input Cable. Unfortunately, the SR100 is not compatible with MFDs running LightHouse 3 software (i.e. Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs). It is recommended that the SR100 be sold to the second hand marine electronics market (ex. ebay, Craigs List, etc.), where their may be a demand from owners of E-Series Classic MFDs, C/E-Series Widescreen MFDs, or a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, radomes which had been designed for use with C-Series Widescreen MFDs are compatible with MFDs running LightHouse 3 software. The Digital Radar Cable and Axiom MFD will need to be interfaced to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Analog (NTSC) cameras may be interfaced to a video encoder (ex. Axis M7011, etc.) to then permit streamed video to the system's MFDs. The video encoder will accordingly need to be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.

Raymarine's SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is not compatible with Raymarine's Type 100/300 autopilot course computers and as such it's NMEA 0183 communications interface will need to be used. Unlike Axiom Pro and Axiom XL MFDs, the Axiom MFDs do not feature a NMEA 0183 communications interface, but do feature a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface. The Axiom MFD's NMEA 2000 interface will need to be interfaced to a spur socket within a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how a simple backbone may be constructed. A NMEA 0183 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-STNG) will also be connected to a spur socket within the backbone and it's NMEA 0183 output leads will then be connected to the NMEA 0183 input terminals of the autopilot course computer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply