Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] C80 display anomaly
02-16-20, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-20 03:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] C80 display anomaly
Hello,

I have an anomaly on the screen of my first gen C80, the one with the five soft keys below the display. There's a white label overlaid on the chartview with the uppercase letter B and a range and bearing.

The range and bearing do not change as the boat moves. It is locked to this location or to the center of the screen. I was sailing with guests and didn't check for this but it is fixed to the location where it is now. Not only do I not know what it is but I also can't get rid of it.

Moving the cursor and changing to find ship/cursor has no effect.

Radar is in standby no target being tracked.

Not tracking to any waypoints (range and bearing don't change anyway) I travelled 14 miles and the range and bearing stayed the same.

I don't have AIS and the AIS layer is off.

Declutter doesn't remove it and it can't be selected and viewed with the cursor like a buoy or waypoint. No information is displayed.

Local or System has no effect

Here's the kicker: It's only on the chart on shared multi screens. It stays on the screen if I pop it out to full screenwith the active buttong BUT if I go to the non multi info view with the soft buttons it isn't displayed.

Cycling the power doesn't clear it.

Is it a glitch? Do I have to reset and re-set up the whole unit?

I'm having trouble getting an attached photo to display in this post. If one isn't seen. I could also use help with this. I don't see a FAQ for posting photos.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-20, 03:41 PM
RE: [CA11] C80 display anomaly
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kurt,

It appears that you have configured the MFD's Ruler feature (DATA->RULER) to ON. Rulers may be cleared via the command sequence DATA->RULER->CLEAR RULER.
02-23-20, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-20 08:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you. I know where that is but I don't remember turning it on. I'll check it.

Were you able to see the photo of the screen? I don't see it displayed in the thread but in the manage attachments section of my sidebar, it says it's attached and has been downloaded 2x.

Thanks again,

Kurt
02-24-20, 08:43 AM
Kurt,

Q. Were you able to see the photo of the screen?
A. Yes.
02-24-20, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-20 01:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Okay good because there was no indication in the preview that it had actually attached.

The rulers setting did the trick. Thanks again for your help.

Kurt
02-24-20, 01:49 PM
You're welcome.