Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Course up on Es7 doesn't hold
02-18-20, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-20 04:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Course up on Es7 doesn't hold
Hi Chuck,

I replaced the old E120 classic chartplotter with a Es7, and at your suggestion, used the Seatalk to SeatalkNG conversion kit to allow the older ST60 instruments to provide data. It all works, but the last ST 60 instrument on the chain is a ST6002 auto pilot. Which is where the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter is plugged in. The curved plug fit perfectly, and everything works.

However, after being underway a while, my setting for course up keeps getting bent around after a few turns and tacks and does not display correctly. If I engage the auto pilot it corrects immediately. I was going to do the software upgrade to see if that takes care of it, but wondered if there is anything else I should know. Would it help to plug it into a different place on the ST60 chain?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-20, 04:57 PM
RE: [CA11] Course up on Es7 doesn't hold
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum serenisea,

Please click here to view the FAQ addressing the differences between Head Up and Course Up chart orientations. Should navigation (i.e. Go To Waypoint / Cursor Position or Follow Route) not have been commanded within the system, then the chart orientation should be configured to either Head Up or North Up. Course Up has no application to system in which navigation has not been commanded.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply