Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 12, dual transducers
02-17-20, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-20 04:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 12, dual transducers
Hello, my understanding is that the Axiom has a port for both a 1kw chirp transducer and a port for the RV. I assume that means I can switch between the two, or use the 1kw and the side scan with the RV? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-20, 04:51 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 12, dual transducers
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Reid,

Q1. my understanding is that the Axiom has a port for both a 1kw chirp transducer and a port for the RV.
A1. While this is true for Axiom Pro RVX MFDs, it is not so for Axiom MFDs. Axiom RV MFDs feature internal RV (also processes DownVision, SideVision, and low power/high freq conical CHIRP) and 600W 50kHz/200kHz sounder circuitry.

Q2. I assume that means I can switch between the two, or use the 1kw and the side scan with the RV?
A2. When interfaced to a RV transducer and 1kW CHIRP transducer, then Axiom Pro RV MFDs may display any supported sonar channel or several channels (up to the number of panes supported within a page) simultaneously. When interfaced to a RV transducer and compatible 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder transducer, then Axiom RV MFDs may display any supported sonar channel (RealVision, DownVision, SideVision, 50kHz, 200kHz) or several channels (up to the number of panes supported within a page) simultaneously.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply