Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Mercury Vessel View
02-19-20, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-20 12:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Mercury Vessel View
I have an A128. I recently installed Vessel View on my engine and would like to know if the A128 is compatible with Mercury Vessel View.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-20, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-20 12:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Mercury Vessel View
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Typically, a SmartCraft to NMEA 2000 engine gateway would be used for interfacing such engine systems to the marine electronics backbone. However, should the Vessel View system feature a NMEA 2000 port (recommend contacting the manufacturer), then it may be interfaced to a spur socket the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone serving the marine electronics. In such cases, the Vessel View would function as the system's NMEA 2000 engine gateway. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
02-20-20, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the info. Vessel View connects to my mobile device via Bluetooth. Since it supplies the same info that is displayed on my engine data screen I was hoping that Raymarine had partnered with mercury to put their info on the MFD via Bluetooth. Maybe Raymarine should contact Mercury and ask about this. It would save the end user (me) a LOT of money.
02-20-20, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-20 10:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Bill,

Thanks for the product feedback Bill. At this point in time all communications with engine systems is accomplished via the method described within the previously referenced FAQ. Please note that no future software updates are planned for the a/c/e-Series MFDs (i.e. for LightHouse II software). A feature request will be logged accordingly to consider support for the VesselView mobile app within a future LightHouse 3 software update and within future product designs.

Please click here for more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
02-20-20, 12:36 PM
thanks. I'll keep my eyes open, been thinking about getting a new unit anyway.
02-20-20, 02:31 PM
You're welcome.