The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ITC-5 w/Depth Transducer - No Lock Error
02-19-20, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-20 11:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Brick [CA11] ITC-5 w/Depth Transducer - No Lock Error
Three years ago I changed to a new depth system using two i70S displays and a ITC-5 to interface to depth and Speed/Sea Temperature transducers. This new system has been intermittent from the time of its installation.

After some trouble with the first ITC-5 where the readings were erratic or not reading at all, I replaced the it just yesterday (2/18/20) and performed the setup again. Now the status LED's are flashing slowly for the transducers but the the STng LED is constant. The display still has a problem at displaying values for the depth and sometimes the Speed/Temp but after a few seconds the system will recover and continue but may false again in seconds. I noticed the depth value changing slightly, up or down by about a foot. All these tests were performed with the boat tied to the dock in about 12 feet of water.

I know that the flashing depth status LED means there is "No Lock". It would be nice if the manuals could suggest the possibilities for these errors. Q1) Can this be caused by firmware needing to be updated for the ITC-5? Same for the Speed/Temp transducer?

Q2) Also would the depth transducer act in this manner if it were painted with transducer paint? When the system was initially installed with the first ITC-5 I noted that most anything over 200 feet did not display only "---".

I do not know the firmware version for the ITC-5 but both i70S displays are at 3.08.

Since this is a stand alone system and not tied into my classic E-series displays I am not certain how to update the firmware.
Q3) Is there a cable that I could attach between the E120 and the STng backbone or a serial port cable for a computer directly to the i70's or the STng backbone?

Gail
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] ITC-5 w/Depth Transducer - No Lock Error - dutchess991 - 02-19-20 01:31 PM