Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] St60 wind transducer not working
02-19-20, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-20 09:03 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] St60 wind transducer not working
Hi,

I have no wind information on my st60 display from the mast head unit (pointer at the top and --- for speed) this started as an intermitant problem when the unit was first turned on, turning off and on again would get it to work. It's now not working at all.

I have read previous threads on testing the voltages which I carried out today.

At the display unit I am getting 8v from the red and shield, 7 volts from the other colours which I understand are pointing to a problem with the return (black/shield)

At the junction socket at the bottom of the mast i am getting 7v on the red/shield from the instrument head, but when I connect the wind transducer plug I then get 2.5v??

I have a feeling there may be a short in the circuit causing this.

Are there any checks I can do to check the integrity of the red/shield up to wind transducer before I start assending the mast.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Nick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-20, 01:12 AM
RE: [TG11] St60 wind transducer not working
Hello Nick,

I would guess that you may have moisture in the masthead connector.
Looking at a windvane here, I measure the following approximate resistances on the display end of the windvane cable when disconnected from the display:

Red-shield: ~24kOhms
Red-green and Red-blue: ~75kOhms
Red-yellow: ~90kOhms

Higher resistances than these would indicate something like a chafed cable, but lower resistances (and particularly changing resistances) would be a fair pointer towards water ingress.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply