Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Changing from e series to Axiom PRO
02-20-20, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-20 04:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Changing from e series to Axiom PRO
I have an e95 primary and an e127 slave MFD's networked together with a backbone and spur cables. transducer goes to the main, as does QII radar, auto pilot into the backbone, MFD's communicate via network plugs that are in each into the backbone. I am contemplating switching to Axiom PRO MFD's. Can I just unplug the e series and plug in the Axiom Pro and keep network as it is?

Thank you!

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-20, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-20 03:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Changing from e series to Axiom PRO
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

General comment: Fishfinder, radar, and cartography features cannot be shared among the system's MFDs when they have been networked via a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone alone. Proper installation would require that the MFD's be interfaced to one another or to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. One of the MFDs will be interfaced to the backbone and will be the only MFD within the system (even though others may be interfaced to the backbone) which will communicate with the backbone. This MFD will be designated as the system's Data Master. The system's Data Master MFD will share data from the system's backbone to the system's other networked MFDs. All MFDs must be operating with the same version of software ... in this case LightHouse II v19.03 software is recommended.

Q. I am contemplating switching to Axiom PRO MFD's. Can I just unplug the e series and plug in the Axiom Pro and keep network as it is?
A. Axiom Pro MFDs are designed to utilize the same Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable, RayNet Cables, and Digital Radar Cables which were used by the e9x MFDs. SeaTalkng Spur Cables may be adapted to be mated to an Axiom Pro MFD's NMEA 2000 communications interface via an A06082 DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng (M) Adapter. Should you identify the part number printed on the transducer's label or attach a photo of its identification tag to this thread, then we may be able to identify how to adapt it to be mated to the 1kW Transducer socket of an Axiom Pro RVX MFD. Finally, the footprint of the Axiom Pro 9 MFDs is slightly larger than the e9x MFDs, and as such, require no adapter plate when refitting with Axiom Pro 9 MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply