Post Reply 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[CA11] E55058 to hs5 question
02-21-20, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-20 11:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Post: #1
[CA11] E55058 to hs5 question
I have recently replaced an e120 classic with both an es127 & es128. I bought the hs5 seatalk switch, and want to know if it is possible to connect the existing e55085 seatalk(w/ Ethernet connectors) to the hs5. I want to do this because all my existing raymarine components(DSM 300, radar, and sr100) are already hooked to the e55085 that was running to the e120 classic via Ethernet cables. If so, what cable do I need- and which port on the e55085 should I use? Currently I only have the 2 new e12 units connected to the hs5, but I plan to add a flir camera.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-20, 11:36 AM
Post: #2
RE: [CA11] E55058 to hs5 question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Saltnbattery,

It is indeed possible to use a HS5 RayNet Network Switch along with the legacy SeaTalkhs Network Switch within the same system. Should the system feature gS-Series displays, then it would be recommended that the MFDs be joined daisy chained to one another and that the gigabit port of any HS5 RayNet Network Switch(es) be used to interfaced the switch one of the gS-Series MFDs. The E55058 SeaTalkhs Network Switch may either be daisy chained to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch or to one of the Ethernet Network (RayNet) ports of the gS-Series MFDs via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Within systems featuring more than one a/c/e/eS-Series MFD, it would be considered to be a best installation practice that each MFD be interfaced to a network switch and that the the system's compatible products having an Ethernet network interface likewise be interfaced to a network switch. Depending upon the type of ports which the switch has, Ethernet network Switches may be joined to one another via an an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable, RayNet (F) to RJ45(M) Cable, or RJ45 (M) to RJ45 (M) Patch Cable.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 

Forum Jump:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)