Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11]Old Autohelm longshot
02-21-20, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-20 08:03 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11]Old Autohelm longshot
I have an older no, areally old pre raymarine, pre seatalk Nautech AH4000. I'm hoping someone, anyone has the pinouts/colorcode for 4 wire electrical connection between 12v and the head/drive unit.

Colors are red/black and blue brown. I BELIEVE red and black are from 12v and blue and brown are to the drive unit. The mating connectors have a ground symbol and the numbers 1,2,3,.

Thanks,

Kurt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-20, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-20 08:18 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11]Old Autohelm longshot
Hi Kurt,
Thank you for your enquiry,

Does the attached image help?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4164]

Regards

Derek

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-24-20, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-20 02:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for replying. I googled quite a bit for something like this but didn't come up with it. It's why I asked here. In the owners manual that I have, this wiring diagram doesn't exist. YESTERDAY while waiting for a reply here, I found this diagram in the GERMAN VERSION in Raymarine's document archives of outdated gear. A little translation and it indeed did the trick. The confusing part was that between the two connectors, it isn't blue to blue, red to red, etc. What I needed was the number designations for both halves. Luckily no damage was done when it was miswired. I was kinda hoping it WAS smoked so I could convince the wife it was time for a new EV pilot but fixing it yourself has it's own satisfaction as well.

It's great that you guys make the effort to support this really old gear.

Kurt
02-25-20, 06:20 AM
Hi Kurt,

Glad you are all sorted, always happy to try to help

all the best
Derek