Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
importing .gpx to MFD
07-28-16, 01:54 PM
RE: importing .gpx to MFD
EVERYTHING IS WORKING!
Of course, it was something I did. I'm sure you (Chuck) realized that way before me. :)
Thank you again...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-16, 01:56 PM
You're welcome.
07-29-16, 09:13 AM
One other question on this subject. Does it matter if the MicroSD card is formatted as OS X Extended (Journaled) or MS-DOS (FAT)?
07-29-16, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-16 10:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ron,

Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are compatible with microSD memory cards have capacities up to 32GB. MicroSD memory cards used with Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs should be formatted with a FAT32 File System. It should be noted that this is the default file system with which most microSD memory cards are produced is FAT32.
07-29-16, 10:01 AM
Thanks again... That's probably why, after I reformatted the mSD card to FAT32 (on my MAC), the MFD added "config.xml" and "Lighthouse_id.txt" to the card... yes?
07-29-16, 10:54 AM
Correct.
07-04-17, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-17 06:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
When I recently imported several routes it renamed them as "1", "2", etc. is that because the names were greater than 16 characters?
--Reuben
07-05-17, 06:47 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Reuben,

Q1. When I recently imported several routes it renamed them as "1", "2", etc. is that because the names were greater than 16 characters?
A1. It is recommended that you review the FAQ addressing Waypoint/Route/Track constraints found here.
07-05-17, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-17 07:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks. I understand that there is a constraint that the route name be less than 16 characters but there is no information as to what the software does when the limit is exceeded. It could simply truncate the name of the file to be imported to 16 characters or it could (as seems to be the case) rename the file as "1", "2", etc. which may be the least helpful choice.
I'm also not clear as to why there is a 16 character limit. The rest of the software world got over limiting the length of names years ago
--Reuben
07-05-17, 08:28 AM
Reuben,

Many computer based navigational planning applications do not constrain waypoint, route and track data. However, in recognition that most marine electronics products (specifically, GPS displays, chartplotters, MFDs, fishfinder) have such constraints, better navigational planning applications will include configuration settings to specify the constraints of the target marine electronics system or to specify the manufacturer/model of the target marine electronics system (which in turn would automatically configure the set of associated constraints). Like the designs of most third party marine electronics, Raymarine's products feature constraints for waypoints, routes, and tracks created by the Raymarine chartplotting product as well as those which may be imported into the Raymarine chartplotting product. These constraints have been specified assist customer in creating waypoint, route, and track data, as well as to prevent issues when importing or exporting data. Should Raymarine electronics detect duplicate waypoint, route, or track names, the system will provide the operator the create a instance of the item by adding 1, 2, 3, etc. to the duplicated item(s). However, it is strongly recommended that the data within the GPX files imported into Raymarine products comply with specified constraints or the results can be unpredictable.