Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Element S Not Syncing with I50 Speed / Depth
02-25-20, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-20 11:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Element S Not Syncing with I50 Speed / Depth
Hello,

I have configured my SeaTalkng network as per the attached diagram - which includes Element S, and I50 speed and depth instruments. I have not connected wind and autohelm yet.

The Element S recognizes the I50 speed and depth, but a message indicates that the settings will not be synced between the Element S and the displays.

Element S software is 3.9.98
I50 speed and depth application version is 1.06

I have attached screen shots to help.

Do I need to update the software using the following link (Element software including networked products)?

http://www.raymarine.com/view/index-id=15032390673.html

Thanks!

Andy

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-20, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-20 12:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Element S Not Syncing with I50 Speed / Depth
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum David,

Synchronization and Data Source selection only applies to systems in which more than one source of any specific type of data (GPS, wind, STW, etc.) is present within the system. You system does not feature two or more sources of any of the data types which may be selected within the Element display's Data Sources feature. Additionally, system settings (ex. units, etc.) are not synchronized between Element displays and other products.
02-25-20, 04:51 PM
Hi Chuck another update for you.

1. I was able to get speed from I50 speed instrument to display properly on Element S by configuring MFD display settings
2. Still not able to get depth from Element S to display on I50 depth.
3. Transducer is CPT-S
4. Depth on instrument reads "---"

Both I50 speed and depth are recognized as networked devices on MFD, although the I50 depth takes longer to recognize, and it only seemed to be recognized after I went to Data Sources configuration (I understand this is not required for my setup as I don't have duplicate inputs).

I also connected my MFD to WiFi and installed latest updates - it asked me to reinstall 1.06 for I50 instruments, which I did.

One last thought was perhaps resetting the I50 depth? It has maintained the depth offset value from prior installation somehow (at least I think it was from prior install).

At any rate looking forward to figuring this out.

Regards,

Andy
02-25-20, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-20 08:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Andrew,

Thanks for the additional input. Unless you had selected the incorrect speed related data item to display (i.e. incorrectly selected the SOG data item rather than the Speed (STW) data item, then please indicate which setting that you had modified to have the MFD display Speed (STW) data from your i50 Speed instrument.

I was also unaware that you had previously had an instrument depth transducer interfaced to the i50 Depth instrument. If so, then the i50 Depth instrument will have configured itself as a Depth Master. This may indeed cause some confusion within the MFD's Data Sources feature (which should not be used). Your suggestion to update the i50 Depth's software is warranted and you may want to consider updating it from a microSD memory card which has been populated with the instruments software update iso file. Your suggestion to reset the i50 Depth is also warranted and it may further be necessary to configure the i50 Depth to be a Repeater rather than a Master (see Chapter 6.4 - Data Master of the i50 Instrument Installation and Operation Guide.
02-25-20, 08:20 PM
Hi Chuck last response to this thread (no need to post the other ones).

Problem summary...
1. STW not showing on Element S from networked I50 speed instrument
2. Depth not showing on I50 depth from Element S

Solution
1. STW display needed to be configured on the Element S. I incorrectly presumed that STW would automatically show on Element S as soon as connection was made to SeaTalkng. STW can be configured to display on multiple pages.
2. Configure I50 depth to be a Repeater and not a Master

Hope you didn't waste too much time on this one.

My next and hopefully last steps in this project will be to connect the I60 wind and St4000 Autohelm.

Thanks for all your support thus far!

Andy
02-26-20, 08:53 AM
Andrew,

I'm glad to learn of the success gained after changing the Data application panels and/or overlays to replace the SOG data item with the Speed (STW) data item. I'm also glad to learn that changing the i50 Depth from Master to Repeater corrected the reported issue with your i50 Depth instrument.