Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgraded autopilot. No dockside wizard.
05-16-20, 02:23 PM
RE: [CA11] Upgraded autopilot. No dockside wizard.
Chuck, please see the attached system diagram. The "Go To" function is grayed out on the e80 classic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-20, 10:43 AM
Hello Bfb1115,

To use the go to function the display has to have a good gps fix. If not the function will be "greyed out".

Chris,
05-18-20, 11:08 AM
It appears to have a good GPS fix, as I'm getting the correct icons on the screen. Also, i'm easily able to see lat/long and my boats position on screen.
05-21-20, 01:40 PM
Hello Bfb1115,

If it has a fix and is not working it would indicate an issue with the display. We would recommend contacting a Raymarine dealer to take a look at the display, https://www.raymarine.com/buy/find-a-dealer.html

Chris,
05-21-20, 01:42 PM
This function worked until i upgraded the system, ran new cables, converted to Seatalkng etc. Chuck mentioned it may have something to do with how everything is interfaced? I would find it highly suspect that it worked with the old system and then doesn't a few weeks later after the new system is installed.
06-01-20, 09:15 AM
Hi Bfb1115

I notice in the earlier drawing there was no mention of terminators, where are they fitted and how many have you used? These are the small blue plugs.

If you look in the diagnostics menu of the p70, should should be able to see the other units connected to STng, the EV1, the ACU, the two converters. if you cannot 'see' them through the p70, then there appears to be something wrong with the operation of the Stng backbone. Suggest you unplug everything from the backbone except the p70, ev1 and acu - (and of course there must be 12v power applied to the backbone too), if the system does not work, then this is a smaller and suimpler system to fault find.
Check power supply, (the backbone should only have one), check terminators, should only be two - one each end of the backbone, check status of LEDs on the EV1 and the ACU.

once you have the pilot working correctly, start adding the additional parts to the network and you should soon see what is causing the problem.
Regards

Derek