Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Polars now in Lighthouse
05-04-20, 01:59 AM
RE: [CA11] Polars now in Lighthouse
I was happily surprised with the new ' Performance' calculation in LH3 based on the polar. However, I'm eager to learn how Raymarine will keep track of all different polars of the same boat. For cruising one polar of one boat may be good enough. However, for racing the polar of the same boat may differ a lot. Different headsails, gennaker, spinnaker, size, etc etc all influence the polar and thus the target speed of the boat and thus the Performance. Is Raymarine honoring all new polars from everyone and will all of those be distribued to the user by a new LHIII update every time?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-20, 09:07 AM
Hi mystudio,

All Polars submitted to Raymarine through the approval process will be added at the various software cadences. Our product management team are responsible for managing this.
regards
Derek
05-13-20, 10:01 AM
Hi Derek,

Thx for your response! Does that mean that every time I'll upload a new polar of my boat to Raymarine, this will be honoured and implemented in a new software update? For ORC racing the polar and performance of the boat is adjusted every year, so, I'm figuring out whether the Axiom is suitable for my goal (measuring the performance of the boat based on the Polar and the SOG).

Best, Marco
05-14-20, 06:11 AM
Hi Marco,

provided that you submit the polars through the normal update channel, then they will be added to the backlog list and implemented at the next software update.

regards
Derek