Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] how to enable Nav+ chart/map to keep boat in center of the map when cruising
02-26-20, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-20 01:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] how to enable Nav+ chart/map to keep boat in center of the map when cruising
how to enable my Nav+ chart/map (Axiom 9" RV100 with Navinoics+ chart) to keep boat in the center of the map when cruising?

I don't see my boat position after cruising awhile.

http://www.youtube.com/njfishing1 - from Captain Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-20, 01:49 PM
RE: [CA11] how to enable Nav+ chart/map to keep boat in center of the map when cruising
ray18,

Please not that when operating in moving map mode, the vessel icon will not scroll off of the screen. When the MFD is commanded to display a page featuring the Chart application, the Chart application will automatically be in moving map mode and will display the vessel's position as a vessel icon or black dot (if the system has acquired a GPS position FIX, but has no heading or valid COG). Moving map mode is exited whenever the operator interacts with the Chart application to pan the chart. Moving mode is re-entered by selecting the FIND SHIP icon displayed on the MFD's screen or selecting the FIND SHIP menu option. Most operators will utilize Relative Motion Mode within the Chart application. In Relative Motion mode, the vessel may be located in the center of the Chart application or offset toward the bottom of the screen to provide greater look-ahead. If operating in True Motion mode (a less frequently used mode), then please not that the vessel icon will move toward the edge of the the Chart application's screen, at which time, the Chart application's screen will redraw. More information concerning the Chart application screen may be found within Chapter 8 - Chart app of the LightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions.
02-26-20, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-20 09:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] how to enable Nav+ chart/map to keep boat in center of the map when cruising
Thanks. This is very helpful. Got it that makes sense. My cursor was resting in the sonar mode in a chart/sonar combo screen, so yes my chart was on display 50% of the screen, but inactive aka not in moving map mode. Yes i was paying most of my attention at the sonar screen for bait ball (half of the screen).
I will change it to Relative Motion mode.

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/njfishing1 - from Captain Steve
02-27-20, 09:16 AM
You're welcome.