Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV series Autopilots and Legacy MFD
02-26-20, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-20 01:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] EV series Autopilots and Legacy MFD
Hi,

Just purchased an EV150 Core pack and I was wondering if there has been any software update for integration with a C80 Legacy MFD... I tried the seatalk2 port adapter cable to the backbone via a T connector... I seam to get the rudder reference info and if I shut the P70 while the C80 is on I get a heading reference error but that is it... I have only just installed the system boat is still on the hard. Any info would be greatly apprieciated

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-20, 02:08 PM
RE: [CA11] EV series Autopilots and Legacy MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Anthd7767,

It appears that the equipment has been incorrectly interfaced. A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone having a sufficient number of spur sockets accommodate the p70RS, ACU, EV-1 CCU, and SeaTalkng Power Cable must be installed. The SeaTalkng Power Cable should be interfaced to a switched 12VDC power circuit. An E22158 SeaTalk & SeaTalkng Converter will additionally need to be installed as a backbone component. The SeaTalk Cable which is connected to the MFD's SeaTalk (not SeaTalk2) port will need to be cut and then spliced back together, leaving the cables red leads unspliced. Instead, the cable's red leads will be insulated to prevent shorting. This SeaTalk Cable will be connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit will be connected to the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Finally, it will be necessary to manually enter the value for local variation (MENU->SET-UP->USER PREFERENCES->VARIATION) via the autopilot's control head.
02-26-20, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-20 04:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the reply. I will purchase the necessary additional hardware. As a side note i have the backbone powered seperate with a switch and I am using the supplied five socket block as per the instructions....it looks like I just need the converter block and the cable as you described.

Thank you!
02-26-20, 04:07 PM
You're welcome.