Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 4K open array not working with E120
02-26-20, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-20 03:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] 4K open array not working with E120
I was helping a customer replace an older e-120 with an older but new E120. He also wanted to change the open array with a used one that wasn't discolored and relocate the array and motor. I unbolted the array, lifted it off and replaced it with the other unit also pulling the 8 pin plug, + and - wires. All power was off throughout the process, the plug was wired back up to spec. Power was turned on and every thing worked except the screen only displayed about 1/8 mile after any adjustment I was familiar with. I put the original array back on and the problem remained. He says everything worked fine with the old E120 and array and I must have damaged the radar. Is that even possible when carefully replacing the open array and plug?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-20, 03:56 PM
RE: [CA11] 4K open array not working with E120
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rob,

It is recommended that the customer verify that Chart application's Chart Sync configuration setting (PRESENTATION->CHART MODE & ORIENTATION->CHART SYNC) has been configured to OFF. If so and the problem persists, then it is possible that the pedestal's RF prob has been damaged.
02-26-20, 08:41 PM
Thank you. Can any of that be damaged by simply changing the open array?
02-27-20, 09:20 AM
Rob,

Yes. Incorrectly installing or removing the array from a pedestal can cause damage to the pedestal's RF probe. To protect the RF probe during shipping and installation of the pedestal, Raymarine packages its pedestals with a plastic cover for the RF probe.