Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RV-220 Anti-rotation Bolt options
02-29-20, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-20 02:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RV-220 Anti-rotation Bolt options
I am planning to install a pair of RV-220 transducers and based on my hull and interior structure, I may be unable to get a clear through bolt placement for the anti-rotation bolt. Is it possible to utilize a stainless screw of appropriate side that will fit through the transducer [censored], into the hex head [censored] and then accept the bolt cap?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-20, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-20 09:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] RV-220 Anti-rotation Bolt options
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum EnoughAlready,

The supplied anti-rotation bolt must be installed within the hex head bolt recess / [censored] which is cast/molded into the transducer. The hex head of the supplied anti-rotation bolt is designed to be captured by the hexagonal surfaces cast / molded into to the transducer to prevent rotation of the bolt. The anti-rotation bolt supplied with the transducer is additionally fabricated from material which is designed for marine applications as well as for compatibility with the material which the transducer has been fabricated from. Proper installation of the transducer would require access from within the hull to tighten the anti-rotation bolt's nut. Replacing the anti-rotation bolt with a screw fastener would deviate from the design and testing of these transducers and would typically not be recommended.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply