Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Which heading sensor do I adjust for icon alignment?
02-27-20, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-20 01:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Which heading sensor do I adjust for icon alignment?
I have both an AR200 GPS sensor and an EV-1 AP sensor on my network. I believe both of these devices provide heading data to the network and both can be adjusted the same way. I need to make a minor adjustment to correct the alignment of the boat icon on the chart plotter. Does the AR200 play any part in the alignment of the boat icon or is it all done via the EV-1?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-20, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-20 01:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Which heading sensor do I adjust for icon alignment?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Pawseidon,

Within system's featuring more than one source of Heading data, the operator should utilize the Data Sources feature to identify which source of heading data will be used by the system. The AR200 will always used by the system as the heading data source for ClearCruise Augmented Reality features. As indicated within Chapter 15.9: AR200 Calibration (Linearization)of the LightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions, the AR200 calibration page can be accessed using your Data master MFD; from the Homescreen
select: Settings>Network>Datasources>Heading>AR200>Calibrate. Heading offset adjustments to the EV-1 CCU may be accomplished via either the autopilot's control head or the Autopilot Controls feature.
02-28-20, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-20 09:16 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks! Found that my heading data was coming from the EV-1. Then went to the AP calibration screen through the P70RS control to adjust the heading. With the radar overlay on the chart plotter, this allowed me to dial in the exact heading to line up the radar to the chart and also align the boat icon. Everything lines up now!
03-02-20, 09:17 AM
You're welcome.