Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly 5 Pro
06-07-16, 01:17 PM
Dragonfly 5 Pro
How can you tell hard bottom versus soft bottom on the Dragon fly 5 Pro.. Also, does anyone use auto on all their settings or do yall adjust them out? Ive been using auto but catch alot of noise shallow water (4-5ft deep)...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-16, 01:49 PM
RE: Dragonfly 5 Pro
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Msn26753,

When viewing CHIRP (Conical Sonar), a harder bottom will be represented to a thinner colored band while a softer bottom will be represented by a thicker band. I typically operate my unit completely in AUTO mode, but don't generally fish with the boat in 4-5' of water. You may want to experiment with reducing the fishfinder's gain settings.
06-09-16, 02:57 PM
So in this attachment, does it shows a soft bottom or a hard bottom... I thought it had to do with solid red being harder... i assumed this was a softer bottom being that there was yelliw on top of red and the red wasnt very solid....
06-10-16, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-16 07:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Msn26753,

Bottom hardness is a relative rather than absolute value. Very hard objects and fish swim bladders produce the strongest returns. The strongest returns within the color palette chosen in your screen snapshot will be shown in red. The bottom shown within the portion far right and far left portions of the screen snapshot feature relatively little soft bottom/organics above the harder bottom surface. In contrast, the bottom shown within the center portion of the screen snapshot feature relatively more soft bottom/organics layered above the harder bottom surface.