Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ELEMENT S - need confirmation of abilities
02-27-20, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-20 04:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ELEMENT S - need confirmation of abilities
Hello everyone,

I will be getting an ELEMENT 7 S with my new boat from the dealer. At first they told me it was an HV but the dealer didn't know what the difference was.

After looking at the transducer and the bag that the navionics chip came in I can confirm I will be getting an S.

My question is

1) are the S and HV MFDs the exact same? I want to buy an HV-100 transducer to replace the S transducer.

I have been getting conflicting information from the boat shop, local authorized raymarine dealer and Raymarine US HQ tech support.

Some tell me I can and some tell me I can't. If someone here could confirm that the S and HV MFD are the same or different in either software or hardware (without transducer) it would help me make some decisions. i DON'T want to buy an HV-100 transducer only to find it it won't work with my Element MFD.

2) Will the Element S work with a Quantum radar? (first gen not 2nd gen)
I can get one and would love to integrate it with the boat's systems.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-20, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-20 04:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] ELEMENT S - need confirmation of abilities
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum RCVmini,

Q1. are the S and HV MFDs the exact same? I want to buy an HV-100 transducer to replace the S transducer.
A1. Negative. Element S displays differ from Element HV displays in the type of embedded sonar circuitry built into the display. Like Axiom Pro S MFDs, the embedded fishfinder sonar circuitry found within Element S displays is exclusively designed to support use with a CPT-S transducer. In contrast, the the embedded fishfinder sonar circuitry found within Element HV displays is exclusively designed to support use with a HV transducer.

Q2. Will the Element S work with a Quantum radar?
A2. Per the Compatible radar scanners section of Chapter 10.3: Radar app overview of the LightHouse Sport (Version 3.10) Advanced Operating Instructions, Elementâ„¢displays that include Wi-Fi can be connected wirelessly to the following radar scanners:
• Quantum™ Q24W (E70344)
• Quantum™ Q24C (E70210)
• Quantum™ 2 Doppler Q24D (E70498)

Note: Element displays do not support tracking of radar targets or doppler features.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply