Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Transducer properties
03-02-20, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-20 09:59 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Transducer properties
I'm currently looking at purchasing an Axiom 9 or an Element Hv 9.

If I am correct the Axiom comes with a RV 100 transducer and the Element has a Hv 100 transducer.

The Rv 100 transducer has a motion stabiliser to help compensate for the motion of the boat.

Does the HV 100 transducer have stabilisation?

Thanks for your help

Dean
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-20, 10:04 PM
RE: Transducer properties
Hello Dean,

You are correct that Axiom works with RV transducers and Element with HV, and that RV transducers have a sensor ('AHRS') that allows the display to stabilise the 3D image for vessel roll and also orient the image correctly in 'GPS Track' display mode. HV transducers do not have that sensor inside them and therefore the Element displays cannot do either roll stabilisation or GPS Track display mode for the 3D image. Element displays cannot use RV transducers. If those features are important to you then you need to get Axiom rather than Element - this is one of the ways that we were able to offer the Element at a lower price than Axiom.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply