Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro external gps
03-20-20, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-20 03:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Pro external gps
I noticed while at the dock the chart page would twist in different orientations as if the boat was moving, so I'm guessing to get a better GPS reading I may need an external gps device. What devices are applicable with the axiom Pro ( I'm looking to spend the least amount of money as possible on this.)? And what input on the back of the Axiom does this gps plug into?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-20, 03:48 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro external gps
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Mleads310,

The reported symptom may indeed occur if the MFD's installation location is not affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead or its mounting surface (for surface mounted displays) is interfering with GPS signal reception. In such cases, three options will supply the system with stronger GPS signal or better GPS performance:

a) interface the MFD to an A80288 GA150 GPS Antenna (least expensive option), which will be installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead

b) interface the MFD to an E70310 Raystar 150 GPS Sensor (recommended option for systems featuring a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone), which will be installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead

c) interface the MFD to an E70537 AR200 Stabilization Module (recommended option for systems featuring a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone and where heading data is additionally desired), which will be installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead ... addresses the issue within the other thread which you had submitted concerning chart offset.
04-01-20, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-20 08:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Installed the A80288 GA150 GPS Antenna recommended and it immediately gave me a more accurate position. I can see all satellites now and my accuracy has improved significantly! What a big difference. Thank you as always!
04-02-20, 08:12 AM
You're welcome.