Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading Electronics - Axiom Transducer questions
03-05-20, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-20 12:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrading Electronics - Axiom Transducer questions
I am in the process of upgrading my electronics and have already purchased the Axiom 9RV, Quantum2 Radar, HS5 switch and plan to get the AR200 w/210 camera combo this season as well, then in the future add in an Axiom 12 (2nd station) and the RV-220 transducer pair. With this boat, I do more cruising than fishing, so for the short term due to costs of already spending a lot of $$$, I would like to know if I can use my current Raymarine tri-transducer or install a bronze through hull transducer to give me temporary depth and possible bottom tracking until I can save up for the RV-220.

I currently have an older Raymarine Tri-data display (exact model unknown think its an ST60), is there a conversion cable (like the A80328) that will let me use it's transducer until I can upgrade to the RV-220?
Or could I purchase the CPT-S (E70341 or A80447) and connect it directly to the 9RV for the short term?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-20, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-20 01:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Upgrading Electronics - Axiom Transducer questions
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum T380Fisher,

Q1. I currently have an older Raymarine Tri-data display (exact model unknown think its an ST60), is there a conversion cable (like the A80328) that will let me use it's transducer until I can upgrade to the RV-220?
A1. Per the FAQ found here, it is unfortunately not possible to use an instrument transducer to support a fishfinder product's fishfinding features.

Q2. Or could I purchase the CPT-S (E70341 or A80447) and connect it directly to the 9RV for the short term?
A2. Should the currently installed Triducer utilize separate depth and speed/temp transducers, and should the depth transducer feature a 2" shaft (quite likely), then a CPT-S transducer may indeed be utilized with an Axiom RV to provide the system with low power / high frequency conical CHIRP fishfinder sonar imaging. Thru-hull CPT-S transducers are available with 0, 12, or 20 degree tilted element designs and bronze or plastic materials. An A80490 Adapter Cable will be required to adapt the CPT-S transducer to be mated to the MFD's transducer socket.
03-06-20, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-20 11:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Great Thank you!
03-06-20, 11:14 AM
You're welcome.