Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Which Transducer
03-06-20, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-20 01:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Which Transducer
Just bought a Axiom 12 pro rsv and need guidance buying the right transducer. Looking for the differences in transducer models. Thanks
Al
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-20, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-20 01:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Which Transducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Al,

Please note that Raymarine does not offer a product line titled Axiom Pro rsv. Raymarine offers and Axiom Pro S line of MFDs and an Axiom Pro RVX line of MFDs. The type of transducer(s) which is interfaced to the MFD in turn determines the type(s) of fishfinder sonar imaging which will be supported by the MFD. Axiom Pro S MFDs are exclusively compatible with Raymarine's CPT-S transducers. Axiom Pro RVX MFDs are compatible with Raymarine’s RealVision transducers, CP470/570 compatible CHIRP transducers, and may be adapted for use with Raymarine's CP370 compatible 50kHz/200kHz transducers.
03-06-20, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-20 03:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the reply. I need to start over. I have a Axiom Pro RVX 12 inch on a 36 ft Cruisers Yacht and would like to see what you would recommend for a transducer. From what I have read so far the RV200 would be good except the dead rise is wrong for it. New to sonar so sorry if I am not explaining it right.
Al
03-06-20, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-20 03:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Al,

It would surprise me that Raymarine would not offer a RV transducer pair supporting the deadrise of a Cruisers hull. How much deadrise does the hull have at its stern? Is the vessel used primarily for cruising, or will it be used for fishing? If used for fishing what is the maximum depth of water which you expect to fish?
03-06-20, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-20 09:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I believe its 16 or 17 degrees at the bow would have to find out what the stern is. Mostly for cruising, shallow water less than a 100 or 200 ft, but thought it would be nice to see whats down below since the MFD has the capabilities. I did see a transducer pair that I think would fit my hull but was hoping not to have to buy 2 transducers. I have to see if i can figure out the deadrise of the stern but its not 0-5 degrees.
03-09-20, 10:00 AM
Al,

Should the vessel feature an inboard propulsion system (props forward of the transom, then it would be necessary to install a pair of thru-hull RV transducers if seeking to utilize the RealVision, SideVision, or DownVision fishfinder sonar imaging (upper right and lower panes of the screen shot below). If simply seeking conical sonar (upper left pane of the screen shot below) in the depths specified, then you may want to consider installing a tilted element CPT-S transducer which may in turn be adapted (Part #A80490) to be interfaced to the Axiom Pro RVX MFD's RV transducer socket.

[Image: rvx1000-all-in-one-sonar.jpg]