Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Hyper Vision HV-100 transducer interference
04-29-20, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-20 09:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Hyper Vision HV-100 transducer interference
I just purchased the Element 9HV and installed the HV-100 transducer on my trolling motor using the Raymarine trolling motor mounting kit. Every time I turn the trolling motor on, I get "mild to medium" interference on side and down scan, and real vision 3D is almost non existent. It seems to go in and out, with a few seconds of crystal clear bottom, and then "spotty" at best. I have it mounted to a Minn Kota Ultera, which does have a transducer built in, but it's not plugged in and i've never used it. I also tried re-routing the transducer wire as far away from the trolling motor wires, but it has no effect whatsoever. When the trolling motor is turned off, everything looks fine. I am at my wits end and am contemplating just mounting it on the transom, but don't really want to as that will mean everything is 16 feet away from where i'm actually fishing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-20, 03:12 PM
RE: [CA11] Hyper Vision HV-100 transducer interference
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sdwiggi,

Are Element and the trolling motor being powered from the same battery? Please additionally identify the Raymarine product ID of the mount being used.
04-30-20, 06:24 AM
No, the trolling motor and fish finder are being powered by separate batteries. As for the product ID of the mount, here is what I found:
Raymarine A80557 Trolling Motor Mount Hv-100.
04-30-20, 10:43 AM
sdwiggi,

Our testing with trolling motors did not yield any similar findings. That said, while a trolling motor mount is offered for the HV-100 transducer, I would typically only recommend the Fishfinder application's Sonar channel be used with this transducer when mounted to a trolling motor. The reason for this recommendation is that rotation of the trolling motor will not be compensated for within RealVision, DownVision, and SideVision sonar processing. The resulting imaging would be adversely affected by such rotation. That said, the noise reported may be resulting from an electrically noisy trolling motor or from turbulence caused by the prop. To fault isolate the issue, try lifting the trolling motor slightly out of the water, command the trolling motor to propel the boat, and watch the fishfinder image. While it would be expected that the fishfinder will not plot a bottom when tested in this manner, a noisy trolling motor should still produce a noisy fishfinder image. If so, then it would be recommended that the trolling motor manufacturer be contacted regarding the electrical noise produced by the trolling motor.