Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Cont ID RV-100/HV-100 Ques #3
03-06-20, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-20 12:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Cont ID RV-100/HV-100 Ques #3
Question 3. Looking at the transducer mid-way up, 3 quarters of the way back, on the left side , molded in the plastic case are two symbols. Locked and unlocked, this transducer is opened slid forward. If I slide it to the locked position will it be waterproof or was something at the factory supposed to have been done before sliding and locking the lower half of the unit in place?
I’ve spent a week researching this. I don’t want to register the MFD & transducer, install it, get out on the water, find out it doesn’t work, uninstall, have to ship it back, wait to arrive back to me, install again, and register the transducer a second time. According to the doctor I now have a career ending groin tear, and a garden hose up my crank waiting for prostate surgery. This install won’t be as easy as in the past. I just want it to work. Also just wanted to say other companies don’t have a forum, or won’t answer the phone. Called Raymarine three times about this and a person, not a computer, answered the phone in three rings. Very nice, very good job. I’ve had two lowrance units and wanted Raymarine this time.
Thanks for listening,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-20, 12:16 PM
RE: [CA11] Cont ID RV-100/HV-100 Ques #3
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum WGL1953,

The reference marks which you have referenced have nothing to do with maintaining the watertight integrity of the HV-100 transducer. Instead, when the transducer's Locked symbol aligns with reference mark on the transducer mount, then thread within the transducer will align with the corresponding bolt [censored] in the transducer mount. When in this position, the hex cap screw may be removed from the transducer or may be inserted into the transducer to lock it to the transducer mount. When the transducer's Unlocked symbol aligns with reference mark on the transducer mount, then the transducer may be removed from the transducer mount.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply