Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] Intergaration of Raymarine Seatalk New Generation on 'old generation' Seatalk network
03-06-20, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-20 07:38 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Intergaration of Raymarine Seatalk New Generation on 'old generation' Seatalk network
For autopilot I use the Autohelm Seatalk Type 300 Course Computer and two Autohelm ST7000 control units. (all installed in 1990)
On the same Seatalk network also ST50 instruments for wind, speed, depth and GPS position are connected.
One of the ST7000 units does not function anymore.

Can I replace the broken ST7000 unit with a Ray Marine P70s (Seatalk New Generation) contro lunit on the orriginal seatalk network and what do I need for that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-20, 07:42 AM
RE: Intergaration of Raymarine Seatalk New Generation on 'old generation' Seatalk network
Hi Joop,

Thank you for your enquiry,
The p70s control unit can be connected to the SeaTalk system that you have, please refer here for more details.

Please note there will only be very limited operaton, AUTO/ STANDBY and port and Starboard Course changes, no track or wind operation will be possible and no calibration is possible.

Regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply