Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly 7 and 3D c-map
06-07-16, 05:09 PM
Dragonfly 7 and 3D c-map
Hi, I'm new here, so please be gentle :)

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in, I didn't find any sub-forums that seemed appropriate, but if this is the wrong forum, please move this to the appropriate one :)

My Father bought a dragonfly 7 pro 2 weeks ago after reading this:
http://www.boatingmag.com/jeppesens-cmap...-raymarine

and after seeing this picture:
[Image: dragon.jpg]
on the raymarine webpage.

He also purchased C-map 4D max+ for the region he needs.

I have helped him install it on his boat and helped set up the maps, for the life of me, I can not find a way to show the 3D maps that were advertised in the article and how C-map is presented on the Raymarine webpage.

My dad is not a very computer savvy person, and he was so proud when he told me about his purchase, and how awesome it would be, and then when we fired it up, there was less detail on the map presented on the dragonfly 7 pro than what he got on an app on his tablet.

I went to the c-map webpage, registered and followed the instructions to update the maps, and it said the maps were up to date...

Dad was looking forward to spending time on the boat, plotting his dads favorite spots from paper charts and onto the new Dragonfly and then going out to pinpoint them, but he was not too impressed with the map details, and asked me to please figure it out, so here I am

Is it just me missing something, is there something that needs to be upgraded?

I've never seen my dad go from proud to dejected like this before, first thing he does after work is to take his boat out to check his lobster pots (it's crab season now, so he only keep the crab). He skipped 1 day, because he knew he would get the Dragonfly, and I helped him install it.
That was 4 days ago, but he hasn't gone out since.

He thrives on being out there in his open boat with freezing seawater cascading over him, some would say "being cold and miserable" but for him it's being "cold, wet and loving it"

And as long as I have lived, I have never seen him miss a day out there, unless the weather is too rough, but now it's been 4 days with fair weather, and he seems like he has lost interest and when I ask him he says "We'll see tomorrow"

Please anyone help me make this work, Maybe I'm a bit dramatic, but I've never seen my dad like this before...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-16, 01:00 PM
RE: Dragonfly 7 and 3D c-map
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum raffen,

Unlike Rayamrine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, Dragonfly displays are designed to function exclusively as basic 2-D chartplotting devices. Should 3D chartplotting features in conjunction with Navionics Platinum Plus or C-Map 4D cartography be desired in a display featuring internal CHIRP/ClearPulse fishfinder sounder circuitry, then it would be recommended that an ax8 MFD or eSx8 MFD be purchased.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply