Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RV 220
03-08-20, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-20 03:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RV 220
Having some challenges locating an install site for my Rv220’s. It is okay to install one of the transducers under the generator that is placed above the stringers. I estimate that there might be 10-12” above the ducer. Also, with a 15 or 16 degree dead rise is it best to go with the 220’s or 212’s? The picture attached is the starboard side without the generator above. I would be installing to the right of the shaft shown. Seems good on this side but the other would be under the genie. Installing on a 42 Tiara that has pockets so it takes some areas away from me.

Likely will end up getting an authorized installer if no clear choice that you like.

Thanks for the help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-20, 09:38 AM
RE: [CA11] RV 220
Never II Nauti,

I would recommend seeking the assistance of a Certified Raymarine Installer. The installer would then additionally be able to test for the strength of the magnetic field produced by generator, as it may impair the performance of the AHRS of the RV transducer. The latter would only come into play if the option to use AHRS compensation has been commanded.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply