Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom update process
03-11-20, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-20 09:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom update process
I have two Axiom MFD's that I update as the software becomes available. I power one on and wait for the startup sequence to complete. I insert the card with the updated software and tell the unit to check. The updated software is found and the update process starts.

The problem is the update "waiting and do not turn off" message never goes away. I have left things in this condition over night and the message is still their. If I shut things down and restart the display appears to work normally and I think it is updated.

Should the update process stop once the new software is loaded. Am I doing something wrong. This problem happens on both the master and slave displays.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-20, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-20 10:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom update process
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum wdbox,

From time to time I receive similar reports. The apparent fault may in part result from data presently in the MFD's cache memory. Please note that it is possible to force the installation of the software again. Should the software update not complete within 20 minutes when updating directly from a microSD memory card, then it would be recommended that
1) the MFD be switched OFF,
2) the microSD card containing the software update files be removed from the MFD's memory card reader
3) a Power ON Factory Reset Procedure be performed to the MFD,
4) allow the MFD to complete initialization
5) acknowledge the Limitations of Use dialog
6) insert the microSD card containing the software update files into the MFD's memory card reader
7) update the MFD's software
8) a second Power ON Factory Reset Procedure be performed to the MFD, and
9) allow the MFD to complete initialization
10) acknowledge the Limitations of Use dialog
11) that the MFD's settings be manually reconfigured, rather than be restored from a saved settings file.
12) Verify the MFD's software version via the Settings dialog (HOME->SETTINGS)
03-13-20, 09:21 AM
Step 3. Factory reset?

Step 7), The update process never completes. Should I just wait 20 minutes and than power cycle?
03-13-20, 09:25 AM
wdbox,

Q1. Factory reset.
A1. Click on the link provided within my prior response addressing how to perform a Power ON Reset.

Q2. The update process never completes. Should I just wait 20 minutes and than power cycle?
A2. Yes.