Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom pro 9 random reboot
03-13-20, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-20 07:28 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom pro 9 random reboot
Hello and hope you can help me with an issue that is very annoying.

We have had an axiom pro 9 MFD and Quantum 2 doppler radar installed to replace the C80 and analogue radar we had. This is connected to ST60 instruments (vis STNG to ST converter) and AIS 650 transponder and all data is available without issues however on occasion (for no real reason) the MFD will reboot itself.

MFD is on latest LH3 firmware and has been power on reset also with no change, it will go for hours sometimes without issue and then sometimes a random reboot.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

LMA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-20, 10:49 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom pro 9 random reboot
Dear leemarkadams,

Thank you for your post.

Are there any consistencies to the reboot of the Axiom?

What apps are you displaying? Split screen? Chart only?

Has the unit got a sufficient 12v supply? Is anything else in your system power cycling?

Can you take a look to see if any crash logs have been recorded, if so can you send this in for analysis?

HOMESCREEN> SETTINGS> NETOWRK>DIAGNOSTICS> CRASH LOGS - save file to sd card

Many Thanks
Louise
03-25-20, 06:46 AM
Hello Louise and some answers to the questions you asked:

Thank you for your post.

Are there any consistencies to the reboot of the Axiom? NO CONSISTENCY AT ALL.

What apps are you displaying? Split screen? Chart only? NO SET PATTERN AS JUST OCCURS RANDOMLY NO MATTER WHAT IS BEING USED/DISPLAYED.

Has the unit got a sufficient 12v supply? Is anything else in your system power cycling? POWER SUPPLY IS GOOD AND NOTHING ELSE CYCLES LIKE THE PLOTTER. THIS CRASHING HA HAPPENED BITH WHEN UNDER SAIL (WE HAVE 500W OF SOLAR) AND ALSO WHEN UNDER POWER (ALTERNATOR CHARGING BATTERIES)

Can you take a look to see if any crash logs have been recorded, if so can you send this in for analysis? HAVE ATTACHED THE CRASH LOG THAT I HAVE JUST SAVED.

HOMESCREEN> SETTINGS> NETOWRK>DIAGNOSTICS> CRASH LOGS - save file to sd card

Many Thanks
Louise
[/quote]
03-26-20, 08:07 AM
Dear leemarkadams,

Thank you for your post.

The crash logs are showing a crash that is happening whilst using THEYR app, we currently have this logged with our software team and we are waiting for THEYR too.

This will be resolved in due course.

Many Thanks
Louise
03-26-20, 08:52 AM
Thanks you and will await to see what the response is as I do not use that app.

Regards

Lee
03-26-20, 09:28 AM
Hi leemarkadams,

That is interesting as the crash is from THEYR application, but you are saying you do not use this app?

Have you ever opened this?

Many Thanks
Louise
03-26-20, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-20 10:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi and I may have opened it to see what it was but have not used it as a matter of course.

If this is causing the crashes then is there any way i can remove the app, as never use it as have predict wind and predict wind offshore that I do use.

LMA
03-30-20, 09:20 AM
Dear leemarkadams,

Thank you for your post.

The app cannot be uninstalled but this crash will only happen when the app is being used.

If you hotspot the app you can clear all of the settings, see if this stops the crash.

If you are not using the app you should not be getting crashes relating to the THEYR app, if your unit crashes again after clearing the data. Please send the crash login to me detailing what apps were being used at the time.

Many Thanks
Louise
03-30-20, 10:10 AM
Thanks Louise and I will clear any data in the app and not use it again to see if this makes any difference. I will do that now and leave the Unit and radar etc on (possibly overnight) to see if that has solved the issue.

Regards

Lee
03-31-20, 05:47 AM
Thanks and let me know the outcome.