Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Auto Data Source
03-16-20, 01:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-20 03:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Auto Data Source
On the Axiom Pro running Lighthouse 3 with 2 data sources for depth - internal and cp470 - will the system switch from one data source to the other when the data source selected fails to provide the information? I am trying to understand how auto selection works. My system choose the internal over the cp470 for depth. It also choose internal over RS-150 for Datum, but it choose the RS-150 over internal for GPS position. What's not clear from reading the manual is if auto selection is a one time or continuous function.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-20, 11:09 AM
RE: [CA11] Auto Data Source
DFMOTT,

The Auto option of the Data Sources feature simply implements a prioritization of devices established by Raymarine. No inspection of the quality of the data source's output is used in conjunction with the Auto option. I generally advise that operators manually select the sources of data which will be used by the system when more than one source of data is available.
03-19-20, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-20 07:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Good to know. I have a P70R and the Axiom so I will set them both manually to match.
03-19-20, 07:39 AM
DFMOTT,

Q. I have a P70R and the Axiom so I will set them both manually to match.
A. Data source selections are shared among the Raymarine system's networked devices. Accordingly, Data Source selection need only be performed via one device. Within systems featuring an i70/i70S MFID or those featuring a p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS autopilot control head, I typically recommended that Data Source selection be performed by one of these devices, as they are the quickest devices with the system with regard to completion of initialization processing.