Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 12” axiom pro and 9” axiom
03-09-20, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-20 03:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] 12” axiom pro and 9” axiom
Hey guys, new member first post and will be a first time user of the products hopefully. Coming from lowrance. I am running a walleye boat and looking to put a 9” axiom on the bow and a 12” axiom pro at the helm.

I need these two to communicate just curious if it’s one network cable or do I need a hub.

Hoping they can share maping so I can just order a 9” axiom for bow ?

I’d also like to run the axiom pro with down scan hyper vision and side scan while seeing 2d also. Can I run a seperate 2 d transducer for high speed graphing down on the waterline ? If so how do I incorporate that into my total system , do I need a hub or does it plug into the unit.

Last but not least I’d like the front graph to have the option of working off the sonar in the bow mounted electric motor, is there a cable for this to adapt directly to the bow graph ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-20, 04:09 PM
RE: [CA11] 12” axiom pro and 9” axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Robert,

Q1. Hoping they can share maping so I can just order a 9” axiom for bow ?
A1. Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs are designed to share all system resources. As such, only one MFD need have internal RealVision sonar circuitry need be purchased; only one chart card need be present the system, etc.. The MFDs are designed to be interfaced to one another or to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. As you have only identified two items within the system which have an Ethernet communications interface, no HS5 RayNet Network Switch should be required.

Q2. I’d also like to run the axiom pro with down scan hyper vision and side scan while seeing 2d also.
A2. When interfaced to a RV transducer, an Axiom Pro RVX MFD may be interfaced to not only an RV transducer (supports RealVision, DownVision, SideVision, and low power / high frequency CHIRP conical sonar), but also to a high power CHIRP transducer or traditional 50kHz/200kHz transducer.

Q3. Can I run a seperate 2 d transducer for high speed graphing down on the waterline?
A3. See my response to Q2.

Q4. If so how do I incorporate that into my total system , do I need a hub or does it plug into the unit.
A4. The Axiom Pro RVX MFDs feature a pair of transducer sockets ... one for a RV transducer and the second for a high power CHIRP transducer or traditional 50kHz/200kHz transducer.

Q5. Last but not least I’d like the front graph to have the option of working off the sonar in the bow mounted electric motor, is there a cable for this to adapt directly to the bow graph ?
A5. Should this be desired, then the second MFD within the system would need to additionally feature internal RV fishfinder sonar circuitry to accommodate the trolling motor mounted transducer. Indeed the RV-100 RealVision Transducer may be mounted to a trolling motor. While Raymarine does not offer trolling motor mounts for the RV transducers, they are available from third party transducer accessory manufacturers.
03-09-20, 07:16 PM
I am struggling to find the part number for a ray marine 50/200 skimmer. I only keep finding the one with the speed paddle in it.

I was going to order just the axiom 12” for the bow it will he incorporated into a minn Kota transducer I did find a cable for that.

Someone mentioned to be I should also do a nema cable ?
03-10-20, 08:20 AM
Robert,

Q1. I am struggling to find the part number for a ray marine 50/200 skimmer. I only keep finding the one with the speed paddle in it.
A1. Should an Axiom 9 RV be installed on the bow, then it may be adapted (A80488 respectively) to accept an E66073 P74 Urethane In-Hull / Trolling Motor Transducer 600W.

Q2. I was going to order just the axiom 12” for the bow it will he incorporated into a minn Kota transducer I did find a cable for that.
A2. Please note that the bow MFD would then need to be an Axiom 12 RV MFD. The Minn Kota transducer adapter part number is A62363. This part number will be used in conjunction with the adapter specified in my response to Q1.

A3. Someone mentioned to be I should also do a nema cable ?
A3. This is not necessary. The bow MFD may be interfaced to the helm MFD in the manner specified within my initial response.
03-10-20, 09:32 AM
So for my secondary I am not looking to do a glass in transducer (50/200). Do they make a slimmer that does just depth , not comparing here but lowrance does one that is just depth and temp. For the life of me I couldn’t find one similar online. Everything I found was a speed temp and depth.
03-10-20, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-20 01:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Robert,

The smallest 50kHz/200kHz transducer offered by Raymarine supporting depth is the aforementioned E66073 P74 Urethane In-Hull / Trolling Motor Transducer 600W. This transducer does additionally feature temperature. This transducer may be purchased / ordered from an Authorized Raymarine Dealer. Raymarine does not offer a small depth - only transom mounted depth transducer. The A102138 P58 and E66054 P66 are the smallest 50kHz/200kHz transom mounted fishfinder transducers offered by Raymarine. However, as you have pointed out, these transducers additionally feature speed and temp sensing.
03-16-20, 09:47 AM
Last question. Will the ray marine rv-100 Mark fish at high speeds (30 mph) and if so is there any added benifits for me running a addional 50/200 p64 transducer ? We do this setup with lowrance on multi species boats . The small skimmer marks fish better at speed then there all in one. Thanks for all the help. I will be taking delivery of a axiom 12 pro and a axiom this week some time!!
03-17-20, 01:39 PM
Robert,

Q1. Will the ray marine rv-100 Mark fish at high speeds (30 mph)?
A1. The fishfinding, particularly marking features of the Raymarine fishfinding products are primarily designed for operation at trolling speeds. As transom mounted transducers will typically lose bottom contact a lower speeds than in-hull or thru-hull transducers, an in-hull or thru-hull 50kHz/200kHz transducer is recommended for high speed / low draft hull to better aid in bottom tracking while operating at planing speeds.

Q2. If so is there any added benifits for me running a addional 50/200 p64 transducer ?
A2. Please see the response to Q1. Please additionally note that Raymarine does not offer a transducer having the product name P64. Should you have intended to reference the P74 transducer, then it indeed is commonly epoxied to the inside of hulls to function as an in-hull transducer to support higher speed bottom tracking.
03-18-20, 05:11 PM
So here is the dilemma. I have a 2.5” flat spot to glass in a transducer . The p74 is 2.91” at the top and 2.7 at the base. Will this work still ? Is there anything I can use to glass in in that location with those size limits?
03-19-20, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-20 08:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Robert,

You could certainly give the P74 a try, as it is commonly used for this application. If seeking an in-hull transducer, the E66008 P79 transducer should also be considered, as it can instead be installed on a deadrise surface inside of the hull. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing Recommended locations for in-hull and thru-hull transducers