Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro vessel map centering etc
03-23-20, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-20 01:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Pro vessel map centering etc
I recently installed and am using an axiom pro (soon to be paired with and axiom RV and also adding the GA150 external gps for better accuracy). While going through all my settings and doing practice runs with the boat/unit I am coming across options/issues that I know the awesome raymarine techs here can help me with. Hope these questions aren't redundant as I hope this can help others in the future.

My issue is this. While the boat is in motion, my chart doesn't move along with it. For some reason the boat goes to the edge of the map before the map advances ahead?

What settings would I need to have for what I'm trying to accomplish:

1-I would like to have my boat centered in the middle of the chart at all times, regardless of speed, course, boat direction etc.
2- I would like to have the chart Orientation to face up in the direction the boat is moving ( regardless if the boat is being run at speed or if the boat is drifting regardless of the actual direction (bow/stern facing) the boat is facing while at drift). As long as the chart is facing up in the direction I'm am going.

Thanks in advance
Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-20, 01:57 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro vessel map centering etc
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

Out of the box or following a System Settings Reset command, Raymarine's chart plotting product have always defaulted to North Up and Relative Motion mode. It appears that a bit of incorrect button pressing has taken place. While you may have been successful in configuring the MFD into Head Up Chart Orientation (MENU->SETTINGS->VIEW & MOTION->CHART ORIENTATION), the Chart Motion configuration setting within the Chart application being viewed (MENU->SETTINGS->VIEW & MOTION->CHART MOTION) should be re-configured to Relative Motion. As indicated within a related thread which I had previously addressed, in the absence of a heading data source within the system, the boat must be underway and making way in order to command a change the Chart Orientation configuration setting. This same constraint may also apply to the Boat Position offset configuration setting, as without heading or COG input, the MFD would have no idea of where to position the vessel icon.

When the Chart application is opened, it will automatically center (or use the configured Boat position offset) on the vessel's position. Any action taken with the cursor or touchscreen to pan the chart will take the Chart application out of moving map mode. Pressing the Find Ship feature will cause the Chart application to re-center on the vessel's position.
04-01-20, 08:38 PM
Just wanted to say thank you, issue resolved!
04-02-20, 08:08 AM
You're welcome.