Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Possible issue with time calculations
03-28-20, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-20 05:22 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Possible issue with time calculations
I have an Axiom Pro and recently have noticed the following issue.

My local time is set to UTC +13, New Zealand. I have discovered that when navigating to a waypoint that the WP ETA is displayed an hour earlier than it should be, (the attached photograph show an ETA of a waypoint 1.86M away as being earlier than the current time).
This gets stranger in that this only is the case in the morning, local time, in the afternoon the ETA displays correctly.
I have replicated this issue on two separate occasions, I haven’t proved this yet but I suspect that at 12 noon local time the ETA changes from being an hour early to being correct.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-20, 07:21 PM
RE: [TG11] Possible issue with time calculations
Hello Tim,

That sounds to me as if probably Local Time Offset isn't being applied correctly to that data item. I've seen something similar with sunrise/sunset times on i70 too, and have raised a bug report with our engineers on this.
I'm working out of the office this week but have asked my colleague who is in to replicate this and confirm my diagnosis in a test system. Assuming he can do so I'll log it with engineering. In the meantime, would you mind letting me know what happens in your system if you set Local Time offset to 0, +6 or +12 hours? What ETAs do you see, compared to what local time?

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
06-02-20, 08:04 PM
It's been a while since your reply as I don't get on the internet that often.
Please see three photos. It seems the ETA is correct at time zone UTC but an hour early at UTC+6 and UTC+12.
06-04-20, 11:53 PM
Hello Tim,

Thank you, I have added that information into the issue log. I don't know when the next software release for i70 is scheduled for, but hopefully we can get this resolved in future updates.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.