Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] i70 Wind Pack - Heading Indication
03-30-20, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-20 12:16 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] i70 Wind Pack - Heading Indication
I've been considering different set ups for replacement of my Tridata and ST60 Wind Instruments. I came across a number of sellers that have the i70s Wind/Depth/Speed System Pack. It would appear this would be pretty much a direct replacement, other than I'd have 1 display rather than the two I currently have set up.

One thing I was interested to learn was about the heading indication. In all the photos of the system display, it has a heading indication. I've tried to dig into the manuals to find out whether this additional hardware is required for this reading, or if the equipment supplied in the system pack would suffice. Needless to say, I can't seem to find any information whether heading will be accurately displayed if I were to install the i70s pack as provided.

The manual appears to reference the FluxGate Compass, which I would assume would be required for a heading reading, but in newer additions of the manual, it would appear that the compass is discontinued and no longer available? So, does this mean that the heading sensors are integral with the pack as shown?!

I've scoured the net and have yet to find any indication what additional equipment is required, or even optional, to allow you to use the i70s to it's full potential.

Thank you for your help!

http://forum.raymarine.com/attachment.php?aid=4323
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-20, 12:27 PM
RE: [CA11] i70 Wind Pack - Heading Indication
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum JJBerger,

The i70S is a Multifunction Instrument Display which is capable of displaying a very large number of possible data items. Whether or not a data item supported by the i70S will be populated is dependent upon the transducers and devices which have been interfaced to the system. The i70S Wind/Depth/Speed System Pack includes the transducers required to permit the i70S to populate Depth, Speed, and Wind (including True Wind) related data items. This system pack does not include the M81190 fluxgate compass or other heading sensing device (ex. AR200, EV1/EV2 CCU, Airmar Weather Station, etc.) which would be required to populate the Heading data item within the i70S. The M81190 fluxgate compass remains available from many Authorized Raymarine Dealers and when interfaced to an iTC-5, may be calibrated be an i70/i70S MFID.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply